Dengue, a viral infection, is caused by the bite of an infected female Aedes aegypti mosquito. It was initially documented in Thailand and the Philippines in the 1950s. It is now becoming the leading cause of increased sickness and mortality rates in several Asian countries, including India.
One must immediately contact a physician if they come across symptoms such as –
- High fever along with associated symptoms like
- Moderate to severe headache
- Pain in joints and muscles
- Pain behind the eyes
- Vomiting, Rashes ,etc., anywhere on the body.
This disease cannot spread directly from one person to another person.
When all the systems of medicine are still in the process of finding a perfect solution for dengue, Ayurvedic Vaidyas are already busy curing thousands of dengue patients and their complications.
The good news for us is, the solution for dengue can be in your backyard. Yes, Mother Nature has given us solutions for most of our ailments, around us. All we have to do is to just become aware of simple herbs like Neem, Seendhil kodi (Guduchi), papaya leaf, etc., which are available in abundance in our neighborhood, on the roadside, etc. – these can be a potential antidote to reduce fever and increase platelet count.
FEVER IN DENGUE
Fever is a widely discussed topic in Ayurvedic scriptures. One such wonder drug mentioned in the scriptures for treating fever with symptoms of dengue is Guduchi (Seendhilkodi). The kashayam (Decoction) of Guduchi is helpful in reducing the temperature and boosting the immune system.
THROMBOCYTOPENIA IN DENGUE
Thrombocytopenia is a condition where the number of platelets is less than their normal range. Normally, the platelet count in our body ranges from 150,000 to 450,000 per microliter of blood. One of the alarming complications of dengue is its rapid decrease in platelets, giving symptoms like, bleeding into the skin that appears as a purple rash, bleeding from the gums or nose, blood in urine or stools, etc,.
NATURAL REMEDIES –
- There are hundreds of studies which has clinically proven that the Pappaya leaf juice has increased the platelet numbers.
- Neem leaf juice is another tremendous solution for increasing platelet count.
- Fresh Aloevera would be great snack for increasing platelets.
- Tender coconut water will keep away from dehydration.
- A formulation called Nilavembu Kashayam is highly effective in fever, infection, and helps in treating Dengue as it is a blood purifier and contains many praise-worthy properties.
This article is to create awareness about natural remedies available for Dengue. Treatments must be always done under the supervision or advice of an expert doctor and not based on self-judgment.