Nasyam(Nasal medication) is one of the five Panchakarma therapies in Ayurveda. It’s a very effective Ayurvedic treatment used to eliminate doshas in the head region and also for diseases in parts above the base of the neck with the nasal passage being the gateway of the head. The medicine is in the form of medicated herbal oils, herbal juices, ghee or powders which is administered through the nasal route.
Nasyam Treatment: What is The Procedure?
The procedure of Nasya can be classified under three headings,
1. Poorvakarma or pre purificatory measures
This includes facial oil massage or application of steam to face, forehead, head, ears, and neck. This helps to loosen the adhesive doshas.
2. Pradhanakarma or main procedure of Nasya
This is the main step of Nasyam and includes installation of lukewarm medicine in both the nostrils, alternately, with the help of conch or dropper. The sole, shoulder, neck, ear and palm are gently massaged after the administration of the medicine.
3. Paschatkarma or post-therapeutic measures
In this procedure, patients are given lukewarm water to gargle. Then Dhoomapana(medicated smoke), if indicated for the ailment, is given for inhalation.
How Does Nasya Treatment Work?
The medications administered through the nostrils pervade into the nervous (brain) and venous system (blood circulation) present in and around the nostrils. Then they evacuated the morbidity present or distributed in the nearby area. Thus it relieves the blockage of the channels and the diseases are cured effectively. Medicated oils/ juices/powders stimulate the vital centers of the brain to overcome specific diseases. Nasya treatment does not cause any serious side effects when performed by an experienced therapist.
Diseases generally treated with Nasyam
- Migraine, Headache
Nasyam isn’t Advisable When
- You have just consumed water or food.
- You have just taken a bath
- You have the first stage of rhinitis
- You have a cough
- You have difficulty in breathing
- The weather is rainy or cloudyYou are in your post-delivery period. You should avoid Nasyam for at least six months when you are in this stage.
- Nasyam should also not be administered for people who are less than seven years or more than eighty
What are the benefits of Nasyam?
It cleanses, purifies and strengthens the nasal passages, allowing you to breathe fully and easily again. It also makes the sense organs strong and one can experience clarity of the skin of shoulders, neck, face, and chest. It also prevents greying of hair.
Nasyam is used in the management of following conditions at Ayurshi Clinic –
- Pain Management:Nasyam is beneficial in the treatment of headaches, migraine and cervical spondylosis. Medicated oils or powders stimulate some vital centers of the brain that reduce pain perception.
- Stress Reduction:It includes administration of medicated drugs or oils through nostrils. It stimulates the vital centers of the brain that regulate emotions.
- De-toxification:Nasyam is one of the panchakarmas and is indicated as an important Ayurvedic detoxification therapy.
- Skin & Hair Care:With regular treatment, Nasyam can improve skin complexion. It can also improve hair texture and prevent greying of hair.
- Paralysis :As mentioned in Ayurveda nose is the opening to reach the brain, any medicine instilled in nasal cavity acts directly on brain.
- Elderly Care:Ayurvedic Nasyam treatment can be used in disorders that develop with increasing age such as pain, paralysis, stress etc.
- Immunity:Use of immunity-boosting herbs for Nasyam can be beneficial in people who show low immunity.
- Eye Care:Medications administered through nasal cavity act on the specific area of the brain that is involved in regulating vision.
- Mental Health:Medication administered through nasal cavity act on the specific area of the brain to improve mood and emotions.
Treatments must be done under the supervision or advice of a certified Ayurvedic Doctor and not based on self-judgment.
What Our Patients Say About Us?
I found to have diabetes just 3 months back. My sugar was around 200+ .I didn’t want to go to any alloathic doctor as they will ask to take medicine life long. I saw Dr Aravind in youtube and was impressed by his speech. I went to him in Jan and he gave me Ayurvedic medicines and diet chart for diabetes reversal. It’s been 3 months now and now all medicines are stopped and as he promised my sugar levels are 105 fasting and 93 post prandial. I was shocked to see the results. All diabetes patients can go to him blindly. Just listen to his instructions. Your diabetes will be reversed.
Myself and my husband tested positive last month, and we came to know about ayurshi ayurveda thru our family member, and we have started taking ayurveda medicines from day one, within 7 days started feeling back to normal, Special thanks to Dr Arvind bharadwaj and team for providing constant support over phone for any kind of clarifications and medicines delivery also on time. Now we both completely recovered. We need to follow strict diet as prescribed by doctor along with medicines and belief.
I am so happy and feel excellent pain relief after the treatment done just second day. I had severe shoulder joint pain for the past few months. Now I can say I am much better , no pain after treatment and I hope I will be completely all right very soon. I really appreciate Mr Vishnu who has done the treatment in the required method and done perfectly as per Doctor’s advise. And Dr and all staffs were well care in the hospital and treatment room. This is best place to get the right treatment for any type of health problems. Thank you.
trust the vibes you get
“The role of a real physician is to make the people independent of a physician”